Friday, February 25, 2011

Painters Remorse

Okay, this is what this Antique chair looked like when I got it. The frame wasn't bad but I really didn't like the seat. My youngest son fell backwards in it one day while I was at work & broke the top piece off. I had to glue it back together & figured if there was any value left in the chair, it was now gone...so paint it??
Well, if you notice I found these roman numerals on the frame while I was priming it yesterday.
XII
 XXIIII
 It looks to be maybe chair # 12 of 24??  Maybe I shouldn't have painted it. Any one know anything about Antiques?  I think I may have just done something BAD...


To late now...I'm off to the fabric store today to find something for the seat. I will decide on a paint color for the frame once I choose the fabric.

~ Desiree ~

1 comment:

  1. Dont worry, there were lots of these chairs made, so it wasn't a high value item to begin with. You can sell the needle point seat cover by itself. I've seen them for between $25 - $40 depending on the condition.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...